Sign up today to watch for only $37. (If you’ve already signed up, go to “course content” below to view)
Session Length in Minutes: 60 minutes
Contact Hours for CEUs: 1.0 (ACNM and MEAC) must pass the quiz given after completed in order to obtain contact hours.
Teaching/Delivery Methods: PowerPoint, Lecture, Participation, Live Stream Video, Pre-recorded Video
- Participants will describe the five primary human values and mechanisms by which they influence physiology in the birthing process.
- Participants will describe the four principles of optimal pelvic positioning and how they impact birth outcomes.
- Participants will describe three ways in which to reframe pain and other fears of birth into a powerful and positive birth experience.
Content Outline of Session:
- Mechanisms by which primary human values influence physiology in the birthing process – 15 minutes
- Description of the Four Principles of Optimal Pelvic Positioning 15 minutes
- Application of the Four Principles of Optimal Pelvic Positioning to labor positions including use of rebozo technique 15 minutes
- Demonstration of The Baby Way to show diameters of the pelvic outlet and how they are influenced by body positions. 15 minutes
- Describe how to reframe fears of birth with the effective use of anticipations and expectations based on evidence based research. 10 min.
- Questions, 5 minutes